Public Financial Management
METAC supports the efforts of Ministries of Finance to strengthen public financial management so that cost-effective and high-quality public services are delivered using transparent and efficient budgetary systems. The Center’s assistance helps to:
• Design and implement strategies to improve public expenditure management by adopting proper budget preparation procedures;
• Upgrade the budget execution system, particularly to improve expenditure control and revenue monitoring;
• Improve coverage and quality of reporting, and strength internal and external control mechanisms;
• Strenghten integration of assist and liability management framework;
• Identify, monitor, and manage the fiscal risks that could affect the funding of the budgets; and
• Build the capacity of the staff through hands-on training, seminars, and workshops.