METAC aims to improve the overall quality of national accounts and price statistics, promote regional harmonization and good practices, in accordance with the internationally accepted concepts and standards, and preserve the capacity of statistical institutions in fragile states. The Center’s assistance helps to strengthen compilation and dissemination of data, including by:
• Developing/improving statistical infrastructure;
• Establishing and maintaining underlying basic data collection;
• Identifying emerging data sources;
• Preparing and verifying data; and
• Documenting data sources and compilation methods.
The Center also builds the capacity of the staff of national statistics offices through hands-on training, seminars, and workshops.