METAC helps its member countries develop a sound banking supervision environment to safeguard financial stability and maintain confidence in the banking sector. The center’s assistance helps to:
• Enhance banking supervision procedures in accordance with international best practices;
• Build banks supervisors’ capacity through hands-on training, seminars and workshops;
• Strengthen the examination process by developing new financial statements and early warning systems;
• Issue new prudential regulations in-line with the recommendations of the Basel Committee on Banking Supervision;
• Implement International Accounting Standard (IAS) for banks and financial institutions; and
• Develop Credit Registry Systems to better monitor credit facilities.